BURNS NIGHT CELEBRATION SUPPER
TREVOR BAILEY BAR, WESTCLIFF ON SEA CRICKET CLUB
FRIDAY 25th JANUARY
7.30 FOR 8PM sit down
COCK A LEEKIE SOUP
CLAN CUNNINGHAM HAGGIS PIE
A DELICIOUS PASTRY CASE PIE FILLED WITH THE PRIDE OF SCOTLAND MACSWEEN’S HAGGIS, CABER POUNDED NEEPS AND TOPPED OFF WITH A CREAMY TATTY MASH
EXTRA NEEPS AND TATTES
ALTERNATIVE MAIN WILL BE A “BORN IN THE BORDERS” SHEPHERDS PIE
IF YOU REQUIRE A VEGE OPTION CONTACT ME BY TUESDAY 22nd
HAIRY McCLARIES UPSIDE DOWN LOGANBERRY PUDDING
CHESSE AND BISCUITS
£22 HEAD = BOOK WITH YOGI ON 07802-738081 or Email email@example.com
- Frank Lockhart – On behalf of the Lockhart family,we have been overwhelmed by all the lovely messages/tributes about Dad at what has been a very difficult time for us all.We were also deeply touched by how many people connected to Westcliff CC attended Dad`s funeral and wake yesterday. Please convey our thanks to the membership. We shall cherish the wonderful memories forever.
Nick, Jerry, Charlie, Marigold, Sally and Debbie.
- We have been chosen for the green disc collections at Waitrose for September and will pass all the money to the Youth. PLEASE SUPPORT THIS CAUSE.
- Jackie (Young) and Carol (Choppen) will be running a coffee / cake plus prosecco morning at the Pavilion on Saturday 29th September starting at 10 a.m. to raise money for Havens Hospices . Any donations of cake or money would be welcome. This is a local charity and we hope this be well supported.
- 29th September – WESTCLIFF CRICKET CLUB PAVILION, CHALKWELL PARK, 10am to Noon. COFFEE AND CAKES PLUS PROSECCO AND A RAFFLE RAISING FUNDS FOR HAVENS CAKE DONATIONS GRATEFULLY RECEIVED PLUS YOUR CASH. Contacts Jackie 07963 391639 & Carol 07957 630997.
Friday 19th October – WESTCLIFF CRICKET CLUB PAVILION, CHALKWELL PARK, WESTCLIFF ON SEA. 19th October 7pm for 7.30pm start. RED WINE TASTING QUIZ NIGHT 12 x Wines INCLUDING MAIN MEAL AND CHEESE. A RAFFLE RAISING FUNDS FOR WOSCC. £20 a ticket paid in advance by 28/09/18 1st 24 persons. Contact Paul Choppen 07813 211337.
Friday 26th October – WoSCC Golf Day – Venue & details to be confirmed, but please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to express your interest.
Tuesday 6th November – 7.15 p.m. for 8 p.m. WoSCC Annual Dinner – Arlington Rooms : guest Speaker Graham Fowler (Lancashire & England)
Dress: Lounge Suits or Club Blazers & Tie
Chris Heyburn (07972-639507) email@example.com is the contact.
11a Seaview Road, Leigh-on-Sea. SS9 1AT
Cheques payable to: Westcliff-on-Sea Cricket Club or electronic payments to 30-94-26, a/c 00284511
Wednesday 12th December 2018 Annual General Meeting – Pavilion, 7.30 p.m.
- Would all Captains/Youth Managers please let the Hon. Sec. have your season’s reports for 2018 as soon as possible.
- The Committee is looking for community groups and the like to hire out the Pavilion for daytime use in the winter. If anyone knows of a group looking for premises in which to meet, please contact the Chairman on 07837-590016.
CLUB PLAY-CRICKET SITE
Please visit www.westcliff-on-sea.play-cricket.com and sign up:
At the top right of the page
CLICK THE SIGN UP BUTTON
ENTER YOUR PERSONAL DETAILS
NAME, EMAIL, USERNAME, PASSWORD ETC
Agree to the terms shown
http://essexcl.play-cricket.com/ takes you to the League’s Play-Cricket site where all SNEL Results can be found, also League Tables under ‘Competitions’.
We are looking to arrange “It’s your call – Umpire Education Stage One” and “It’s your call – Umpire Education Stage Two” Umpires courses on ‘Fieldcraft’ during the winter months.
If there is anyone at WoSCC interested in either learning the Laws of Cricket or becoming a Cricket Umpire, they can do an ‘MCC – online course’ so as to learn the Laws of Cricket. To do so they must go to www.lords.org/mcc/laws-of-cricket and scroll down to ’ELEARNING’ and register. The course is free of charge.
Once they have completed the MCC course they can then register with the ECB ACO to join our local course. The cost is £30 for the ‘Stage One’ course (including ACO membership for the first year) payable at the time of registering and they will then be referred to the Southend Association. The cost of the ‘Stage Two’ course is also £30, but there is a £20 discount if both courses are booked at the same time.
Alternatively, they can register for either course via the Essex Cricket website at www.essexcricket.co.uk by clicking on ‘Community’ – then ’Home’ page and scrolling down to, and clicking on, “Association of Cricket Officials”.
We are also prepared to run an ‘Introduction Course’ either at Westcliff or at Leigh-on-Sea CC if there is sufficient interest.
For further information on any of the above, please do not hesitate to contact me either on the above telephone number or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.